Sparrow Ultralight Carlson Aircraft
Using proven aircraft design and materials, the SPARROW ULTRALIGHT offers unprecedented reliability and true airplane performance. Not just a wing and sling, this is a real three axis controlled aircraft conforming to FAA 103 regulations. Easy to build and fun to fly, The SPARROW ULTRALIGHT is affordable, economical and a superb performer. Most important, the SPARROW ULTRALIGHT has been designed with pilot safety our top priority.
SHORT FIELD PERFORMANCE
FINGERTIP BEARING MOUNTED CONTROLS
22 " WIDE COCKPIT
6061-T6 EXTRUDED I BEAM SPARS
FACTORY COMPLETED RIBS
ROUND ALUMINUM STRUTS
FULL VIEW INSTRUMENT PANEL
AILERONS - 3 AXIS CABLE CONTROLLED
BENCH SEAT w/CUSHION
RIVETED ALUMINUM TAIL SURFACES
4130 WELDED STEEL FUSELAGE, LANDING GEAR, ENGINE MOUNT
ACCESS DOOR (REMOVABLE)
- Easily constructed with hand tools.
- Kit complete except for Power Plant, Instruments and Finished Dope.
- Fabric is 1.7 ounce Dacron. - Glue, tapes, cord, rivets included.
- Hardware AN quality.
- All welding on fuselage, landing gear, engine mount - Complete and epoxy primed.
- Controls welded and primed.
- Fuel Tank - Aluminum 5 gallon.
- Full instructions - Full size patterns for floorboards, windshield, boot cowl and instrument panel.
- Kit meets FAR 103 parameters if built according to manufacturer's specifications and design. Any change in structure, additional options, increased fuel capacity, may void compliance.
- Easy to fly. - Requires minimum runway facilities.
Source www.sky-tek.com (no longer available)
- Empty weight: 254 lbs
- MTOW: 504 lbs
- Stall speed: 23 kts
- Cruise speed: 50 kts
- Never exceed speed VNE: 55 kts
- Climb: 750 ft/min
- Takeoff distance (50ft obstacle): 240 ft
- Landing distance (50´ft obstacle): 300 ft
- Engine: Rotax 277
- Empty weight: 115 kg
- MTOW: 229 kg
- Stall speed: 42 kph
- Cruise speed: 93 kph
- Never exceed speed VNE: 101 kph
- Climb: 4 m/s
- Takeoff distance (15m obstacle): 73 m
- Landing distance (15m obstacle): 91 m
- Engine: Rotax 277